Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Reason

Have you ever just sat completely quiet and still before the Lord and then spoken, "Lord, You are..." and then filled in the blank with what He revealed of Himself to you? Powerful. These were the ones He revealed to me this morning:

Lord, You are...

Bright and morning star
Great Physician
Mine
Peace
Image of the Invisible God
Savior
Deliverer
Guide
Advocate
Shepherd
Friend
One who never leaves me
Judge
Counselor
My beloved
Hope
Joy
Ever-present help in times of trouble

* And while I love these all, I think this next one was my favorite:
MY REASON

My reason for living
My reason for loving
My reason for going beyond myself
My reason that I'm justified
My reason that I know I don't have to settle for anything apart from abundant life with Him
My reason I'm no longer who I was, nor will I be who I am.

He is my reason that there is ANY sort of hope for me.

1 comment: