Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Completely Content, Until...

Tonight we were out at a restaurant where Trevor discovered the deliciousness of strawberry milk.

Then later when I offered him good old naturally white milk (Always his beverage of choice), he refused it. "It doesn't taste as good now that I've had strawberry milk," he said.

Amazing how we can be all about one thing until we get a taste of something else. Then all of a sudden, we're not content with what has been good enough all along.

I love, love, love my house. When I'm home, I honestly don't want for more. But there was a time a few years back when we looked at model homes a lot, and when I came home, I'd look at my house through different eyes. Discontent eyes. Which is why I don't look at model homes anymore.

It's why I trash the Pottery Barn catalog when it comes rather than browsing through the pages. Because all of a sudden, I find myself aware of things I never knew I didn't have.

It's why I stay out of the mall. Because I am extremely thankful for our Goodwill wardrobe, and I don't want to begin thinking I need something new.
Lord, breed gratitude and contentment in our hearts rather than contempt for what used to be plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment