Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HELP ME HELP YOU



My interaction with God the last few weeks has felt eerily similar to this scene out of "Jerry Maguire."

Have you ever felt like you are walking through an "up at dawn, pride-swallowing siege" in hopes of advancing the Kingdom? I'm there.

I. Am. So. There.

I have done all I know to do. Been on my face in prayer. Been still before Him. Purified my heart and even my body to be consecrated for His purposes. Hustled. Run up against brick walls. Been rejected.

And all I am trying to do is to put on an event to inspire people to open their Bibles.

I find myself begging God to help me serve Him. To let His favor rest on me as I run this race He has marked out for me.

But it seems quiet. A kind of "quiet" that is maddening to a girl who is working her butt off.

I wouldn't be surprised if God was up there saying, "You are hanging on by a very thin thread. And I DIG that about you!" I want to hang it up. Been tempted to do so several times this last week alone. But something tells me He will be glorified in my hanging on.

LORD God, let this be the quiet before the glory-filled storm! Break forth and come through in Your might and power. Make a way where there really seems to be no
way! I am just trying to serve You faithfully. Please, please strengthen me to do so!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Go, Thea, Go!

    Keep hanging on and keep fighting! Your passion and commitment are inspiring, and so is your faith and your willingness to hustle for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will remember to keep you in prayer daily my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older I get, the more I've discovered the beauty and value of persevering and the spiritual maturity it takes to do so. God only knows what He wasn't able to do through me because I gave up and gave in too soon. I have no doubt His hand is on you, and that what you will learn while hanging on will bring Him glory. Prayers for faith in His timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong, and know that you inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He will find you in His time... He is smarter than us...so His plans and His time are better than ours....
    keep the faith!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete