Monday, February 6, 2012

I AM A MOTHER OF FIVE

I have five children.
1. My firstborn, "T." My understanding of love blew wide open when I first held him. I've lost count of the times I have stooped over my sleeping son and begged the LORD for my son's life to SHOUT of the greatness of our God.

2.My daughter, "Liley," who is essentially a bunch of joy crammed into one tiny person. I am desperate to see her walk in the safe and good ways of God all the days of her life.

3.My second son, whose name I know in my heart but I don't share. Stitched into my heart though never in my arms. It's okay. I will know him in Heaven.

4. __________________. I haven't met her yet, but I pray for her. Right now she's only someone else's daughter, but I am covering her with prayer as though she is my own. And when my son marries her, I will gain her as my daughter. I don't know where she is right now. But I am already crying out for the hand of God to preserve her and protect her for the life she'll share with our son.

5. _________________. I haven't met him yet, but I pray for him. Right now he's only someone else's son, but I am covering him in prayer as though he is my own. And when my daughter marries him, I will gain him as my son. I don't know where he is right now, nor his name that my daughter will one day take. But I am already crying out for the hand of God to preserve him and protect him for the life he'll share with our Liley.


Father, please keep us praying for the ones our children will marry! Bring this to mind often so we will persistently pray over our future sons and daughters!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I pray daily for my children's future spouses and their walk with God...I have huge anxiety over them starting school so I also pray for Godly friends to blessed in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete