Saturday, August 11, 2012

NAME THE MOUNTAINS

You don't have to pretend there aren't any mountains in the way...Sometimes you actually need to name them.

A few months ago I had just started developing an event to get people to open up their Bibles.  And--for the love--nothing seemed to be coming together!

After two solid months, I had nothing to show for all my nose-to-the-grindstone work.  Nothing.  

I was a tad discouraged.  And by "a tad" I mean "hopelessly."  After weeks of wading through this season, I was driving home from work one day and heard the Holy Spirit whisper something to me...

"NAME THE MOUNTAINS."

"What's that, now?"

"NAME. THE. MOUNTAINS."

"But don't You KNOW the mountains?  Why do I have to name them?" I wondered.  But then I remembered the times in the Word when Jesus asked, "What do you want Me to do for you?"  He even asked a blind man--and honestly, it seems it would be fairly obvious what a blind man would want from Jesus.

But in that moment I realized that sometimes we are to say what we need or declare what's in the way, not because He isn't aware--but because we need to acknowledge the lack, the need, and the obstacles and ask our able God to do something about them. 

And so I opened my mouth and did just that.

"I don't have a name for this event.  I don't have a date on the calendar for it.  No worship leader.  No speaker.  Multiple people have asked me, 'Who would buy a ticket for that?' Want me to keep going?!?"

I had named the mountains.  And then came the written-on-my-heart response:

"NO. None of that is true.  There IS a name for this--you just don't know it yet.  I already know the date this will happen, even if you don't.  I haven't yet revealed to you who I already know will be the worship leader, and you don't yet know whom I have in store to speak.  But you do have a name, a date, a worship leader, and a speaker.  And I'll reveal each one of these when it's time."

I kid you not, all of that was poured into my heart in the 30 seconds it took me to drive past the little airport on McCollum Parkway.   

A week later, the name came.  GodBreathed.

2 weeks later, the location came.  The Rock Barn, in Canton, Georgia.

3 weeks later, we prayerfully chose the date:  October 6th.  And this date literally paved the way for the next two pieces of the puzzle:

The worship leader.  Carlos Whittaker heard about GodBreathed and shared a heart for the vision behind this event.  A while back I started following Carlos on Instagram and kept seeing photos of Scripture in his feed--and a few months later, he came on board to lead us in worship at GodBreathedAmazing.

The Bible teacher.  Bianca Juarez Olthoff, who is not only absolutely darling, but a gifted communicator of truth to boot, also bought into the vision for GodBreathed--and has agreed to come and teach from the Word.  

As someone who stood and saw nothing but MOUNTAIN AFTER MOUNTAIN, today I'm opening registration on what I believe to be a God-established movement toward revival rooted in the Word of God.  All glory, praise, and thanks to the God who made a way for this. 

He asked me to name the mountains--And then He moved them.    

No need to deny the mountains and pretend they aren't there.  Go ahead...name them.

And then watch God move them.  

* Announcing--by the grace of provision of God--
GodBreathed ~ A Word and Worship Experience.
Check out our Eventbrite page to register!

 
 Photobucket

1 comment: