Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WHEN A SNAKE CHOKES



"Whoa, look at THIS, Mommy!" my son said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door.  

Near the tree in our front yard I saw a snake, but I had to take a closer look;  Something was odd about it.

It had choked to death on another snake.

I had never seen anything like it.  And to be honest, it gave me chills.

Because this year our family has encountered the most vicious attacks.  We have been face to face with evil. Evil. We have come up against the stare of the most vile and vitriolic stuff imaginable and stood eye to eye with the darkest of things, though we have stood in innocence.  

And we know there's a serpent behind it all.  Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 6:12).  

I believe the same serpent who enticed Eve into sin is still trying to do his thing.  But the very one who seeks to devour us WILL choke. 

This hope means everything!

Yes, this snake will strike the heel but our God is victorious.  He will crush his head.  

When that cunning serpent comes after us, we need not give him reverence, nor honor him with our fear.  

It's okay.  That snake's gonna choke, y'all.

The God of peace 
will soon crush Satan 
under your feet.
Romans 16:20

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the deceiver choke! i will be Hooting, Hollering, and CHEERING as I do the "free at last" dance!!!


    Looking forward to hearing about "God Breathed." I'm sure you are "Stuffed" and have much to digest.

    ReplyDelete