Monday, March 16, 2009

The Beginning

I Corinthians 2:4-5


"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."


Have you ever felt called to something? I mean really, really called to something?


Ten years ago I worked at Mount Hermon Christian Conference Center. After an extraordinarily trying week in my personal life, I was asked to speak at the End of Summer Banquet. "You've got the wrong girl," I thought emphatically, but gave a verbal agreement to do so anyway. A few weeks later I stood before several hundred friends and told of the things God had been so gracious to show me that summer.


And the rest, as they say, is history.


I absolutely believe that Justin is my number one earthly priority. Trevor and Aila come into play next. My marriage and the raising of my children to know and love God--THESE are my greatest earthly ministries. And if that's all there ever was, I would be completely content spending my life building into and investing those three beautiful people living under this roof with me. I am completely and totally passionate about getting it right when it comes to my family.
But I just can't deny there's this other calling, too. The ten years since Mount Hermon have been filled with confirmation after confirmation that the Lord is leading me to share what He's revealed to me about who He is. Have I had more opportunities than I can count and people beating my door down?
No.
I've had a few chances to share, and I've cherished them with all my heart. It is a sweet thing to really feel you're doing something God has called you to do. But I feel I've been in a season of preparation. I've spent the last few year writing, developing outlines, recording what God has laid on my heart, and praying.
Oh, how I've been praying.
God has been working all along, I believe. But recently it seems He has been working to connect me with opportunities that could really get this ministry going, and I am SO excited! Right now I am praying about possibly attending a speaking conference this summer in North Carolina. I'm actually waiting for an email to learn whether or not the conference is full...and so I continue praying.
It's wonderful to have you on this faith journey with me!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment