Thursday, March 19, 2009

Still Room!

I got an email on March 18th with the news that the She Speaks Conference still has some spots available!



So what now? Well, I'm continuing to pray about whether this is the year for me to go. And I have been praying a lot about it this past week. And while I don't want to try to connect dots that aren't meant to be connected, this passage has come up several times in the past few days...


You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden; Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16
1. A "Let Your Light So Shine" expression in an Uppercase Living catalog. I saw this and thought it would be cool to choose as one of my free expressions to have in our home. (March 22nd)
2. Singing along the lyrics "Shine your light and let the whole world see, we're living for the glory of the risen King" on the radio and in church. This song ("Mighty to Save") keeps coming on these past few days...once even right after I'd been praying for some guidance regarding the conference. (March 24th)
3. K-Love's website Scripture passage today: "Don't hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all." Matthew 5:15, NLT. (March 25th)
So anyway, as I said, I don't want to jump to conclusions or read too much into this. My prayer this morning was "Lord, I feel like you might be leading through these words from Scripture--that perhaps You want me to pursue this opportunity to "let my light shine" for You. And I know You aren't a genie or a show pony that I can make do tricks, but I am simply asking that You will confirm this one more time, if it's what I'm supposed to do. I just really want to be clear. If this is not the year, I trust You, so either way, I give it to You But please help me to discern what You want me to do."
Wait a second--OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I just remembered something, just right this minute, as I've been typing up this blog entry...
4. I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and had the song "Shine" by the Newsboys running through my head. It has been literally years since I have even thought about this song, which is from the early 90's. "Shine--Make them wonder what you got--make them wish that they were not on the outside looking bored. Shine--let it shine before all men--let them see good works and then let them glorify the Lord. Shine!" (March 25th)
Okay, Lord. I believe You have been answering my prayer for confirmation. Thank You, Mighty God. You are so awesome. So, by Your grace, I'm in! You know the mountains in the way. Move 'em. I want to shine for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment