Sunday, January 3, 2010

On the Doorframes of Your House

This is my front door. You might completely miss what's above it, but it's been there for the nearly 7 years that we've lived in our house, so if you've been in our home, there was a blessing over you when you left...
And here is the close-up version. My January 2nd post, Her Legacy, was all about my friend Evelyn and how she (literally) wrote truth on the doorframes of her house.


I remember when we were house hunting, I was totally ready to buy this one house that was itty bitty and in an odd location--all because it had Scripture all over the place in there. We didn't buy that house, but I have always LOVED Deuteronomy 6:5-9 (see below). I was thinking about all of this today and it made me wonder what truths I've scattered around our home, so I went on a hunt and this is what I found.


The living room...


...the kitchen...



Trevor's room...


Aila's room...


...our bedroom.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

~ Deuteronomy 6:5-9~
Be glorified, Lord, as we set Your truth before our eyes in this house.

1 comment:

  1. Thea, I loved all these verses and pictures. I want to be more diligent in placing scriptures in the girls rooms and playroom. I want them to know that the Lord rejoices over them with singing. I want the Word to be implanted on their hearts and minds. I want them to look around our home on the good days and bad days and be reminded of the Lord's love for them and His promises. Look forward to seeing you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete