Monday, January 11, 2010

Roddy's Story (Worth your time, I promise!)

Need some inspiration and encouragement today? Keep reading! This story SO stirred my heart yesterday, and I just HAD to share this with you.

Yesterday in church a guy named Roddy Chong came to play violin. I did the announcements in church so we were all in the green room ahead of the service, but I didn't have a chance to formally meet him. So we all went out for the start of the service, and Roddy opened the service with an AMAZING performance--that's when I realized this wasn't some amateur violinist.

Next, he shared a few minutes of his story. His mom made him start playing the violin at age 2, and now he sees how the Lord was using those tedious lessons and practice sessions to unfold His will in Roddy's life.

SO...at a particularly low time, Roddy had prayed and asked the Lord to be his "agent," so to speak, to open doors for him to play since he didn't have an agent. It was 2am and Roddy was driving in his car when he heard a song on the radio--a beautiful voice and a violin. Roddy had never heard the song before, but was moved to tears as he sat and listened. And when the song was over, Roddy felt like the Lord was giving him a glimpse of things to come:

"YOU WILL PLAY THAT SONG WITH THAT GIRL."

So he practiced that song and prepared just in case he ever had the opportunity to do so. Now TAKE A LOOK AT THIS (it gives me chills)--Praise God!

I talked to Roddy after the service and tried to communicate just how powerful his story had been to me. I don't even know why it hit me so much, but I felt the Holy Spirit stirring in my heart like crazy. And he told me that just 2 weeks ago, he wasn't even sure if he should still make the trip (he flew in from Chicago). But I KNOW the Lord ordered Roddy's steps. I was meant to hear his story yesterday, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is where Justin would jump in and quip, "Do you think you're supposed to audition to play violin for Celine Dion too?" Um, no. And I don't know why I was so moved by the story. But I was.

Hope it blesses you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment