Friday, November 18, 2011

EXAMPLES

I love looking at trees right after they've lost their leaves.

Because I don't just see uncovered branches and unadorned limbs. I don't just see "Nudie Trees," as my 3-year old calls them.

I see my examples.

These trees have endured wind and rain and storms that have blown away every last leaf until they stand naked.

And with nothing left, their arms still stretch toward God.

When the winds blow and the storms come against us, leaving us stripped of everything we have, when we're emptier than we've ever been, when we've run out of our own strength, do we crumble into a heap on the ground?

Or do we stand in His strength and raise hands in worship to our God?


You will go out in JOY and be led forth in PEACE.
The mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Isaiah 55:12
Photobucket

*Happy Thanksgiving this week!*

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is such a beautiful picture. I have always loved trees...And I've always felt like it was kind of an odd passion to have. No one really goes around saying, "Gee, I really like trees!" lol... But really, trees are like art to me. They are almost... alive with God's presence.
    This is probably my favorite post of yours.
    Your blog is a blessing to me! Just wanted you to know! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and a beautiful blog you have. I am looking forward to reading more as I just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete