Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strongholds

Yesterday my stronghold broke. I remember the exact moment I was aware it had happened. All I can say is that I did not know it existed until I realized it was gone. And the peace that followed was overwhelming, and unfortunately unfamiliar in recent days.

A stronghold is JUST THAT -- it has a strong hold on you. Anything that masters you, rather than the other way around. Food, relationships, debt, possessions. Anything from which you don't feel like you can simply walk away, but from which you must be extricated.
And yet Jesus is my stronghold. He has a strong hold on me, and loves me enough to want to be my one and ONLY stronghold.

Though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have
divine power to demolish strongholds.
2 Corinthians 10:3-4

2 comments:

  1. how wonderful when it happens, and even more so when we see it.

    something is holding me back. i don't know if it is God, me, or...

    i know i feel stuck, and i want to be unstuck.

    i am at the lake now. been a busy week. so sad to have missed the opportunity to talk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw-my google word was "restme"

    ReplyDelete