Friday, September 10, 2010

LOVE ME SOME DANIEL 10

Under the September 9th heading in my chronological Bible last night, I smiled to see that Daniel Chapter 10 would be part of the daily reading.

Because I just really love Daniel 10. I read it again last night and delighted in the story of answered prayers.

Then this morning, I awoke to the sound of my son crying loudly in his bed--my son who usually wakes up happy as a clam. I ran into his room--apparently not as quickly as he thought I should have--and he bellowed, "Why didn't you come?" And I replied, "Sweetie, I didn't hear you--I would have come if I had heard you!"

And as those words left my mouth, I thought, "Daniel 10."

Because verses 12-14 in Daniel 10 say "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day tht you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, YOUR WORDS WERE HEARD, AND I HAVE COME IN RESPONSE TO THEM. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. NOW I HAVE COME to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come."

Daniel was heard. And God had sent the response to Daniel's prayers. And though that response was delayed three weeks, it was on its way all along--and it eventually arrived!

The same hour today that I thought to myself, "I need to do a blog post on Daniel 10," on Proverbs 31 Ministries' Facebook Page I saw a link to Wendy Pope's blog: "Delayed Answers to Prayer Do Not Mean Denied Answers to Prayer" -- all about Daniel 10. Wendy Pope was the one who told us about the chronological Bible at the She Speaks Conference, so perhaps she too was just reading about Daniel 10 yesterday! Click on the title and it will send you to Wendy Pope's awesome video post on Daniel 10.

I think I'll do the 30-day prayer challenge Wendy mentions. Who's with me?

"I would have come if I had heard you!" (The words of a loving-but-flawed mom).

"I heard you on Day One and sent my response in perfect timing." (The heart of a loving and perfect God).

No comments:

Post a Comment