Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BEFORE AND AFTER

I'm semi-addicted to home improvement shows. The whole "Before-and-After-reveal-thing" is so much fun to watch!

But it's funny to think that that hideous "Before" room was once someone's "After." At one point that peach flowered wallpaper was someone's dream of how beautiful their bathroom could be. And that tacky carpet was, at some point, chosen on purpose. Hard to believe, but true!

Before and After. And then "After" eventually becomes "Before." And on it goes.

Think back a decade to where you were in your relationship with Christ. Probably more real and more intimate than it had been in years prior, right? Your faith was stronger and your love for Him more real. Probably had the "After"-esque look. That's how it was for me, too. Ten years ago I was further along in knowing God than I had been before.

But fast-forward to today--and I realize that back then I had no idea what the LORD intended to reveal about Himself. My understanding of His love was small compared to now. My knowledge of the Word was comparitively small.

But even now, I'm not an "After." Because I have yet to love Him. I have yet to understand. I have yet to believe that He is able. I have yet to trust Him. I have yet to see His glory. And no matter what we know of Him, we will always still have a tremendous way to go in knowing Him and loving Him more.

What an amazing God. He loves us too much to leave us as "Befores" and wants to continually grow us to be more like Himself!


G R O W
in the grace and knowledge
of our LORD Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment