Friday, January 14, 2011

EXPECTANTLY WATCHING

I want to be on a California-bound plane this summer.

I am missing my family tremendously. Yes, I have been blessed to get to see them as much as I have. But we have always been very close, it is extremely difficult to be away. Like three time zones away.

And so every single day--at least once a day--I watch for low airfare. I wait expectantly because I know that soon, those rates will drop. After many, many a flight, I know the drill. There's a pattern and I know what to watch for.

And so I watch and wait. I know it'll happen--it's just a matter of when.

But I'm a little convicted. What else am I watchful about? Perhaps not enough.

Sure, I'm watching the plane fares like a hawk. Because I know that if I don't, they could drop one day, and I could miss it.

But the LORD is up to all sorts of things that, should I neglect to be on the lookout, I could fail to see.

Because isn't it true that in the times when we are watchful and expectant, it seems God is up to all kinds of things? When in reality, He is always at work. Makes me wonder what I'm missing but not watching, expecting to see Him moving.

Are you watching, waiting, expecting? Or are you bound to miss something?

You are my strength--I watch for You.
You, God, are my fortress,
my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment