Monday, March 21, 2011

OPEN UP

A theme has been forming. It started a few weeks ago when I took this photo:
And then I ran across these photos of the bird nest on our porch last spring...
Then yesterday I was giving my daughter a shower, and although she's never done this before she tipped her head back, opened her mouth wide, and tried to drink the water.
All these images of heads tipped back, mouths open...coupled with the Holy Spirit bringing that verse to mind that says "Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."
I looked it up this morning. It's Psalm 81:10 and says
I am the LORD your God who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
As I looked at it in the Hebrew, it translates like this:
I am Jehovah, your Elohim, who brought you out from the wilderness. Open up and make room and I will fulfill and accomplish.
But I'll be honest--I am too worn out and weary and broken emotionally, spiritually, and even physically to open my mouth and receive. He's calling me to do so--clearly He is. And I know that what He has called me to do, He will strengthen me to do. Good thing, too--because this girl has run out of herself. He has lovingly led me out of places of wilderness before, and I know He is mighty to do it again. I know it, even if I don't feel it right now. I want to "make room," that He may fulfill and accomplish and get every last bit of the glory. I just kind of don't even know what that looks like and I'll need Him to unveil that for me.
What will it look like for me to "make room?" I suppose it might start with me being emptied of myself.
And it might involve turning my focus from what is seen.
And I'm sure it will have something to do with some of that "against-all-hope" kind of faith and assurance.
And to be honest, it will probably only be possible if my Heavenly Father strengthens me to open my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment