Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nothing at All

"If you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all." Such a familiar phrase--and it's certainly true enough. But what's been on my heart a lot this past year is

"If you can't speak worthy words, then speak nothing at all."

Jeremiah 15:19 has proved to be a guard over my tongue these last many months. "If you will speak worthy, not worthless words, you will be my spokesman." Worthy meaning VALUABLE. Full of the value of truth. Edification. Praise. Gratitude. Conviction. Understanding.

It's why sometimes I post nothing for a stretch of time--I'd rather post nothing than worthless words. And that can be hard for me sometimes, because I feel like I should be able to come up with something to say, even though days will go by without that sense that there's a fresh word to share. But what good is it if I have "something" to say, but that "something" is void of value?

I guess that's really all I had to say today. I genuinely long for these words--and all my words--to be worthy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment