Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Step at a Time

July has been full. Really full. Like, "starting-at-day-one-and-never-letting-up" kind of full.

I've found myself tackling the calendar one little step at a time. Perhaps out of sheer necessity, I am focusing on what is RIGHT in front of me and putting on hold the things that are a few weeks out. Or even one week out, for that matter.

Why don't I do this more often? Sometimes I wonder if Matthew 6:25-34 was included in the Bible just for me since I need the reminder so much. "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I find myself worrying in August about things that will happen in October. I get stressed about when my children will be 5 and 7 even now when they're only 2 and 4. I lose sleep over things way too far down the road.

Let me be faithful today. Let me tackle--with excellence--what's on the plate for this day. Tomorrow will be here soon enough, so strengthen me not to worry away the day we're actually on.

No comments:

Post a Comment