Saturday, December 4, 2010

BUT WE TRUST

This morning I opened up to Psalm 20. I began reading the words aloud, and a few verses in I stopped to pray, "Lord, some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." I could sense that some future provisions would make my eyes rest on the provisions themselves, and wanted to acknowledge in that moment that our help comes not in relief, but in the Lord our God.

So I kept reading. And a few verses later, my eyes rested on Psalm 20:7: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

And what's my memory verse in my "Experiencing God" Bible study this week? Psalm 20:7--"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." The Holy Spirit keeps drawing me to this truth!

And yet even though if someone asked me, "What's the reference for the 'Some trust in chariots" verse?"'-- I could tell them it's Psalm 20:7--but I wasn't even thinking of that verse as I opened up to chapter 20 today! And even as I prayed it, I still hadn't made the connection that this very verse was coming up in my reading. But there it was, and it just made me smile to see it there.

I love the Word of God! I love how it is yours and it's mine and it's real and it's personal, and is illuminated for us by the Holy Spirit who indwells us! I love how things line up like this. It's not the first time that has happened, either. And by His grace it won't be the last. I just believe He is hungry to communicate truth to us in His Word.

Oh, that we would show up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment