Wednesday, December 1, 2010

EVERYTHING'S RUINED

Lord, I can't help but think how Your love has ruined a lot of things for me.

In the best possible way.

Your love has ruined for me any pursuit apart from You. It's made less palatable the things I thought would make me happy. You've made going my own way unsatisfying. You've allowed me to be disappointed in the things I thought were sure. You've allowed me to come up short when I tried in my own strength.

Everything is ruined...

Everything but a life of abiding with You, and walking in Your ways. Your perfect, free, unconditional love Has ruined me for anything else but a life of seeking You. I used to be content with lesser things, but the more You reveal Your love for me, those things are ruined for me, and I can't be content with less any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment