Sunday, March 11, 2012

CAN BETH MOORE PLEASE ADOPT MY CHILDREN?

I saw this tweet on Twitter this morning -- Beth Moore speaking Scripture over her grandson, praying fervently for him.

And for a split second I thought, "That little guy is so lucky. I wish Beth Moore would pray over MY children!"

But as I thought about it, I realized that Beth Moore doesn't have "magic" prayers. She is a devoted follower of Christ who brings requests before the throne.

Just like you and I can and should.

Don't get me wrong--Beth Moore absolutely rocks. What a godly woman of the Word--and we know the prayer of the righteous one is effective! But if there is anything "magical" about her prayers, it's that SHE ACTUALLY PRAYS THEM.

I've done enough of her studies to understand her heart for the generations to come. She prays for her children and grandchildren and for the ones who have yet to be born. She proclaims freedom, cries out for liberty, and prays the Word of God over her descendants.

But you know what? So do I! So do you! We share her desperation for generations to come to know Jesus and love His Word, and Almighty God hears our prayers on their behalf.

It might be strange to say, but what if we prayed for our descendants with the same confidence that those prayers would be heard and answered as we would have if Beth Moore would lay hands on our children and pray for them?

Father, remind us often to ASK for your favor to rest on our children, their children, and the ones to come. Keep the long-term in our minds and eternity in our hearts. Your name and renown are the desire of OUR (past, present, future) hearts.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So true. I loved this!!

    Also, I think this may be one of the best post titles I've seen :)

    Love,
    Brandy Jane Mabel

    ReplyDelete