Friday, March 9, 2012

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

I was tagged by Amanda, my awesome blog post designer, to share a little bit about myself. Let's face it--we're a lot of names, photos and posts in this little blog world. But I'm also a wife, mom, bestie, daughter, sibling, friend, and most of all a needer and receiver of the tremendous and unearned grace of Jesus.

1. What is your dream vacation?

I would love to spend a week on the beach in Destin, Florida in September when the chaos of summer dies down. The first 3 days would be all four of us having a great time as a family, taking pics of the kids splashing in the water and playing in the sand--and then the last 4 days I'd want time alone with Justin. Sleeping late, having my quiet times at sunrise with a fabulous cup of coffee, digging my toes in the sand and reading for hours...and every day would be perfectly sunny and warm (the CA girl in me is putting in that request). That would be absolute perfection!

2. If you could have lunch with anyone from any time in history, who would it be and why?

I think I'd want to have lunch with my Great Grandmother Angie Sperry. I knew her, but not well, as she died when I was in elementary school. Leaving a legacy was important to her, as it very much is to me.

3. What is the one beauty tip you know you should do, but you just don't do it?

Ooooh....wearing sunscreen daily year-round. It just feels so greasy and I don't like the smell. I mean, it's kind of weird listening to Christmas music in December while you smell like Miss Spring Break Hawaiian Tropic! Still, this Norwegian, burn/peel/white again girl should probably buck up and slather on the SPF....

I will say that I actually DO floss (which is probably the thing most people don't do but know they should). In fact, I probably floss a little
too much. Like, 3 times a day.

3. Do you like roller coasters?

The ones that go upside down? Yes! The ones that feel like you left your stomach somewhere up at the top of that last dip? Um, no thank you.

4. What song always gets stuck in your head?

Well, as a mom of two young kids, I make a lot of PB & J sandwiches, so I'd have to say "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" runs through my head a lot. And now it's gonna be running through your head, too. You're welcome.

5. What color is your toothbrush?

Pink. Love me some pink. Now if they can just make pink floss! ;)

6. What is your favorite movie?

I love funny movies. I'll choose something funny over a drama any day of the week. That being said, I also love Jerry Maguire (minus that one ridiculously unnecessary scene). Fave line of the movie (and no, it's not "You complete me" or "You had me at hello"): "To be honest, in life I've failed as much as I'm succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success." I also love Shawshank Redemption. Incredibly powerful movie.

7. Do you make a Christmas wish list for yourself each year?

No. Almost the opposite! I often ask my husband to please, please, please not get me anything. I think he pretends not to hear me. I am not just saying this but I REALLY MEAN IT that my Christmas/Birthday present every year is getting to be home for our family. My present comes daily in that form. But if I did have a dream list, and if I get to dream really big, it would be for a 1.8mm camera lens. :)

8. What kind of car do you drive?

That would be a 2007 Kia Optima that seriously needs to be cleaned out right now. My dream car is a paid-off car...which is our Honda Accord. We're at least getting closer on the Kia!

9. Would you rather forget your mom's birthday or Mother's Day?

Yikes...neither! I had friends who lost their mom to MS when we were all in college and it (understandably) upset them when people didn't really take the time to honor their mothers, because they no longer had the opportunity. I try and think of that every year--how can I honor my mom and my stepmom--because I GET TO?


* All for now! Now I'm tagging Denise at Victory Road and Dina at These Notions. :)








Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love it Thea!! I hate sunscreen too... NO thank you!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I'm playing catch up with reading your blog posts and I find this!

    I don't know why I get so nervous!

    ReplyDelete