Monday, August 30, 2010

GOTTA BE HERE FOR THIS

Aila ran up to me and asked, "Mommy, can you pull up my skirt, please?"

"Sure," I replied. But as I reached out to do so, she took off running away, yelling, "Thanks, Mommy!" over her shoulder. Before I had a chance to do what she'd asked me to do.

"Um, Aila--I kind of need you to be here for this part!" I called out to her.

But I had to smile and laugh, because I've done the same thing.

There are times when I ask Him to do something in me--something noble to request, perhaps--but something that requires me to be with Him for the transformation to take place.

Aaaand then I take off.

It's like I don't always recognize that what I need Him to do in and through me requires that I remain in His presence in order for it to happen.

"Lord, make me humble and sand away my rough edges. Mold me into the woman that you want me to be. Now I'm going to go away and do my own thing and will be nowhere near You for awhile--but can you do it all from afar? Thanks!"

I couldn't hitch up my daughter's skirt from across the room. And I can't be formed into who He wants me to be from afar, either.

What's that change you've been requesting from Him lately? Does it require that you abide in His presence?

2 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. i run off from Go dwith my skirt down all the time. not so cute when your 36. the tripping with my skirt at my knees aint a pretty sight either.

    it use to take me till after the fall to find my way back for help. thankfully there has been a bit (just a bit) of maturity and i am finding my way back to him after just a bit of running around with my skirt at my keens.

    cute story thea!

    ReplyDelete