Friday, August 20, 2010

YES, GOD

Kickoff was Tuesday night. And I wondered that morning how women would respond to the Holy Spirit. Would they believe Him on the matter? Would they turn away or would they say yes?
On Monday Aila came with me to the church to pray with the other Women's League women for the next night's Kickoff. We had just walked in and they asked us to stand in the circle as they prayed over me and over our family.
Then Tuesday morning I was praying with Aila and as I prayed, she just kept saying "Yes, God. Yes, God. Yes, God." And since I don't think she's heard me say that in prayer before, I realized those Women's Leaguers must have been rubbing off on my two-year old daughter!

And I smiled. And simply found myself praying that the women who would fill the room that night would just respond: "Yes, God. Yes, God. Yes, God."

What a night. The only way I know how to recap the night is to say that as I looked around the room at all those women, there was almost this visible YES, GOD in the room in the form of arms raised all around the sanctuary.
Collectively we declared,
"I'll stand
with arms high and heart abandoned
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand
my soul Lord to You surrendered
all I am is Yours."
Yes, God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment