Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NOT YET REDEEMED

Ever been in a season in which, as tough as it is, you're still able to say
"I trust He can redeem this, and I can't wait to see how"?


A few weeks ago I found myself praying the words "Redeem this. Redeem this. Redeem this, Lord."


And I realized that being in this pre-redemption phase is a little like having a winning lottery ticket on your kitchen table that just hasn't been redeemed yet. You know it will be worth something of great worth one day. But in the meantime, you don't have much to show for the treasure that awaits.


And so maybe it's about choosing to look at our pre-redeemed situation as that unredeemed lottery ticket--something that will really be worth something day.


And when it is, we'll give glory and thanks...to the Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment