Saturday, June 9, 2012

THE POST YOU MIGHT NOT READ

Psalm 40 was my food last year.  I found myself having to let those words bathe my mind and heart--often.  But not until today did I break them down and look at them in their original language. 


It get that it would be easy to click away to "elsewhere" because there's no story, no anecdote today--but please don't miss this.  Don't skip this post because it's "just Scripture" (Yeah, I've done that, too). Just know there might be something here for you.


1. I waited patiently for the LORD;
I looked for, waited on Jehovah,
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He turned to me and considered, was attentive to my crying.
2. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
He brought me up, caused me to ascend up from
the horrible, tumultuous pit,
out of the mud and mire;
from the miry mud and clay;
He set my feet on a rock
He made me able to endure 
and confirmed His strong hold on my feet,
and gave me a firm place to stand.
and established my steps and goings.  
3. He put a new song in my mouth,
He has bestowed, added, assigned to me 
fresh, new things,
a hymn of praise to our God.
songs of praise to Elohim.
Many will see and fear 
An exceeding number will consider, discern, 
and have reverence
and put their trust in the LORD.
and be bold, sure, confident and secure 
in Jehovah.
Awesome God, I praise You for being attentive to my desperation and tears, and for pulling me up out of the most horrible, hellish pit. I love You for having a strong hold on my feet and establishing my goings.  Thank You for giving me fresh praise--new things for which to praise You.  Let people see Your redemption and put their hope in You.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment