Saturday, April 3, 2010

Can't Sting Me

Today I walked out the front door to have two huge, fuzzy carpenter bees follow me to the car, and I didn't even bat an eyelash.

A year ago I would have freaked out. I am absolutely terrified--even to the point of tears--of anything that can sting me. But what I know now (that I didn't know then) is that carpenter bees don't sting.

So I'm no longer afraid of carpenter bees. Without the sting, what's there to fear?

2,000 years ago my Jesus went to the cross, endured it, and overcame it. And in His death and resurrection...

...death lost its sting.

And now, in Jesus, there is no more fear. :)

Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?

1 Corinthians 15:54-55

H a p p y E a s t e r !

No comments:

Post a Comment